Tuesday 15 January 2013

Alien Development - Shapes and face

Further development for the alien. I've tried to balance the 'Cyclops' look with curves to create a shell like exterior so it doesn't look too tacky.


I've decided the head and (possibly) hands are the most important aspects of the alien, and the rest of the torso etc will be darker/black. This will hopefully highlight and draw the eye to the face where the camera like 'lens' will be. As I am intending to paint an 'actors' face and create a mask for them I have tried to incorporate the human features into the design (e.g the lips etc.) The Key shapes I am using, after referring to shapes of cameras etc, are circles and squares. Below is some quick concept art for the aliens' face.

With this concept art as reference I decided to try some 'make-up' to see how it would look on a face. 


This was using very cheap face-paint and make-up, when I actually make the alien I will have better materials, as well as planned out my colours (as the above images were created a while ago and I have since chosen not to have a blue stripe/white face etc.) I will also have to make sure it blends/matches the mask I make, and doesn't clash too much. The use of stripes helps the 'seam' between mask and face look intended, which I quite like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment