Monday 14 January 2013

More initial Ideas and Sketches

Some more ideas and notes on the design of my alien. The alien is going to associate itself with the camera the abductee is holding, so should look similar to a camera in some way (that's why it abducted said abductee). At the moment I am wanting to create a mask/costume for an actor to wear to become the alien, so design wise I am keeping in mind certain limitations this may create. Hopefully through movement as well as design I can make the alien look unnatural and less human.



Thinking about movement and noise, the Alien is meant to be quite mechanical, so will click and jerk about. Colour wise I am beginning to lean towards oranges and off-yellows that will seem slightly like old film, though keeping blue/green/grey/white tinges to preserve an 'unnatural' element. However I need to experiment more with colour once my designs are further developed.


No comments:

Post a Comment