Sunday 20 November 2011

Stairs...

Having a look at footage involving action sequences and stairs to get ideas of shots and angles etc. For example :

Obviously I'm going to have restrictions (won't really be able to do overhead shots that much) due to the design of the stairs, however I will be able to use low and high angle shots - suggesting dominance or, causing the stairs to look steeper than they actually are etc.
(Low angle shot with Stairs being the subject = dominance = High angle shot with character being subject - looking small etc)
Because of restrictions with space etc, and in order to make it seem more fluent - I'll probably use hand-held camera to give slightly shakier motion. (I should also take into consideration colour etc to set the tone - though this will probably be in the edit)


I should make sure the camera illustrates the movement of the character as continuos and doesn't chop up or slow-down his movement like in the clip bellow - which doesn't capture the smooth/action feel I want, but is brilliant for many other reasons :).  



I also took some reference photo's of the location I would be shooting at - in order to give myself and idea of the limitations of shot (where a tripod could stand in the stairways) and different angles I could shoot from. 


No comments:

Post a Comment