Friday 18 November 2011

Starting Digital Film. Instructional Video

Our first brief for the 'Digital Film' side of the course is to create a quick, one - minute instructional video, to illustrate our understanding of storyboarding, filming and editing. After quite a lot of deliberation I have finally settled on the idea of 'How to climb 20 flights of stairs', and am going to look to action films etc for inspiration. I've scribbled down some ideas and 'images' I would like to incorporate into the film, to hopefully give a rough idea as to how I want it to turn out.


(Step One...is...step one...budumchh)
 So I started a quick story board but think I will be better drawing them on separate sheets, allowing me to mess about with positions and add/ take away if I need to. (I also should create a mood-board if possible.)
Also I've realised (after reading a little into Keyframing) that I haven't got an 'Establishing shot' < which I may need to think about. (Or at least film and then see if it is needed in the edit).


 At the moment I really like the idea of 'putting on the shades' signifying the beginning of things suddenly getting fast-paced and action starting - so thought this is relevant:

No comments:

Post a Comment