Saturday 24 March 2012

Camilla d'Errico

The comic 'BURN' by Camilla d'Errico caught my eye one day in a store, so on a whim I bought it. There's a very slight roughness to the illustrations which highlights the mechanical aspects of the image.

http://www.camilladerrico.com/blog

http://camilladerrico.deviantart.com/
 
BURN: Cover 1 by *camilladerrico on deviantART
DHMSP Volume 3 Cover by *camilladerrico on deviantART

I've been focusing a lot on the more 'natural' elements of my setting, - such as the tree and overgrowth , and haven't been paying much attention to what would make the wreckage obviously alien. I really like the above image, and think it's relevant, as the colours are bold and slightly forest like yet still obviously illustrate something unnatural. I should try incorporate this into my design, perhaps with more wires and cogs, having a little more of a 'junkyard' feel to it. Instead of browns (which I have been using quite a lot for the ship in previous designs)  I should perhaps try less natural colours, such as metallic whites, greys and greens.

No comments:

Post a Comment