Friday 9 March 2012

Mermaids and Moodboard

Though the environment I'm creating won't be having a living alien in it, I want to get an idea as to what they will look like - so that the figurehead of the ship (which will be modelled on them) is obviously not human. I stumbled upon the above images - Concept art for Pirates of the Caribbean - and think they're just beautiful. I haven't seen the film but I love these designs, and the quality at which they've been created. There's a gracefulness to the mermaids, but also underlining hints at danger through the dark eyes and flesh tones around the face.
Since I've been considering boats I thought perhaps the aliens would also seem a little like 'sea-life' so created a mood board. The shapes and luminosity of jellyfish do have a certain alien feel...

No comments:

Post a Comment