Monday 1 October 2012

Over Summer...

So Summer's over and it's time to start the second year of Digital Film, Games and Animation!

It's been quite a long break, so I've been trying to keep busy. One thing I thought I'd try out was using Flash, as I'd been watching a few animated films and become interested in 'hand-drawn' animation, and giving characters life. (Click To View)


Using Flash to draw a full head-turn around has helped me practice drawing more consistently and at different angles. It's also made me more aware of illustrating volume in drawings. 

Coloured (The colour quality is lost in exportation)

I also - whilst reading 'The Animator's Survival Kit' - decided to try a walk cycle. Though the process took time, I enjoyed creating movement through drawings, and hopefully will experiment with Flash further in my spare time or to create animatics for future projects.


I've been sketching a lot over summer, attempting to challenge myself with different references, as I want to improve my technique. Ever so often these have then been transferred into Photoshop where I can practice colour too. I've been quite interested in the use of light recently, (especially since seeing Danny Boyle's film 'Sunshine'), so have tried to experiment with that in my work.



1 comment:

  1. Yeah! I helped with those animations! keep up the good work, hope you keep practicing with animation. c:

    ReplyDelete