Monday 21 May 2012

Nuit Blanche

This film is really stunning:
It's beautiful to look at, with very poster-esque shots, framing and overall style. I'm really impressed by it, it makes me want to create things as visually impacting. I'm not too sure where exactly I want my future career to lead at the moment, but if it were towards something as visually powerful as this I'd be pretty chuffed.

The slow-motion in it is quite seamless - it only enhances the idea trying to be shown, with the music adding to it's soft yet stunning power. My favourite moment is the woman stepping through her reflection and the glass, the layout is brilliant and, once the glass smashes, looks slightly otherworldly.

I was shocked once I saw the making of, I didn't realise how much work and detail was put into making this.
  

It's a compliment to the amount of work put in that you don't realise just how many layers and level of detail was added in post-production. From each character being individually green screened to the sidewalk being added in later it's all quite seamless, perhaps helped by the stylish black and white colouring used. The overall result is a short film with incredibly breath-taking imagery which just looks amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment