Thursday 15 November 2012

Colour Development...

Our characters have been built, but still need to be textured! Since we are aiming for Sepia tones, I've been focusing on browns/beiges when experimenting with colours, though I'm a little worried the character's will seem too washed out with these.

The animation HERE, is interesting as it not only tackles our theme but also uses faded colours to it's advantage. This has been useful to use as reference when attempting to pick the colour pallet.



However, when experimenting with colour for moustache man (as I was quite happy with Gloria) I altered the settings to try and work out the best 'sepia' look and was greeted with the below image:

This is way too bright, but maybe highlights a dullness in the original colours?

Since our characters are quite stylised I can't help but feel maybe this brighter slightly more 'cartoonish' colour palette would be more suitable, perhaps not as bright (as it could be very distracting on screen). However I may just be distracted by the change and over-thinking too much (as I've uploaded this now it seems REALLY bright). I will definitely discuss this with the group and hopefully reach some form of decision, as we need to take into account which colour scheme will compliment the strong use of shadows we intend to have. Another possibility, instead of colouring them this way, is to use a form of filter when the characters and setting etc is transported into Unity.

No comments:

Post a Comment