Saturday 24 November 2012

Texturing Gloria

Siobhan has modelled our first character Gloria HERE and UV mapped her HERE leaving it ready to be textured. I have tried to translate the character design and colour concepts onto the UV map. 

Face:


I enjoyed colouring the face and adding extra details, such as blushes and freckles etc, to give Gloria a bit more personality and individualism (whilst making sure the textures won't be distorted when the jaw opens etc). By constantly reloading the hyper shade in Maya I kept track of the progress and edited the colours etc where applicable.

Hat and hair Texture:


Using sourced textures (e.g from cgtextures.com) then using the filter 'high pass' and setting the layer to 'overlay' I could add slight textures to features such as clothing etc. whilst still keeping the colour. This allowed my texture to look less painted and plastic and hopefully gave it a little bit of depth. Because of the overall style of our concept  I haven't attempted to make it look too realistic, only adding depth and detail where I thought it was needed.

Finished texture:


1 comment:

  1. The final model looks really good, especially the face! Well done :D

    ReplyDelete