Friday 8 March 2013

Laser Effect

I wasn't too sure how to approach the transportation of Jeff onto the Ship, as I didn't want it to seem too 'Sci-Fi'. After trying out a couple of different effects I found CC Film Burn and immediately knew I'd use that, as it fits so well with my general design work. This effect on it's own however was a little dull, as it didn't seem powerful enough to signify a transportation (this can be seen HERE).


Adding a little reflection to the lens (with the same process I had used when adding reflection to the alien) added a little more detail to Jeff's reaction and by also layering a glowing light ray effect over her I've hopefully given the appearance of 'burning' when coupled with the Film Burn. I sped up the opacity to add a little more energy into the piece and I think this has been succesful. Once sound is added it should give the impression of Jeff being transported away...

No comments:

Post a Comment