Saturday 30 November 2013

Steadying Footage

So after I'd taken my test/environment footage, I realised it was incredibly shaky. Whilst useable in some instances, it's not an effect that's very fitting to the overall 'fairytale' tone I would like to set. By putting it into Adobe Premiere and Warp stabilising I found it created a pleasing effect with the footage I'd gathered. Below is a quick vid of just tests that I have:


-However, these initial tests are shot quite slowly and relatively still so steady quite easily. In ones involving a person, following their movement etc. it can create a weird sea-sickness type effect, so in some cases I may not use it/edit accordingly.

I borrowed the Steadicam Merlin 2 (pictured below) in order to steady as I filmed, therefore not having to wait until post to see whether footage I shot was useable, and began practicing with it. However once it came to the actual shoot I decided against using it, due to time-constraints, my lack of skill in using it and general space issues. However it is something I'd like to try out again, and hopefully get better at.


No comments:

Post a Comment