Monday 22 April 2013

Applying to The Network and other things

Yesterday I sent off my application for The Network - 'a free intensive introduction to working in the TV industry' that's held during 4 days of the Edinburgh Festival.


I applied last year and was unsuccessful but decided there was no harm in trying again, this time hopefully, with a stronger application. Even if I'm unsuccessful again, the act of applying has prompted me to evaluate my skills, areas of interests, and consider how I can improve on them. Specifically I'd like to have a wider range of experiences to talk about so will look to volunteer for events/festivals in the summer in the hopes to gain some more.

This opportunity appeals to me as it seems to offer an exciting chance to interact with other creative individuals and learn about the processes behind making TV, without needing too much prior knowledge. I'm also very keen to step away from the computer and learn by being more hands on.



I also applied to volunteer for the No Gloss Film Festival in October, I think this would help me gain a lot of experience and confidence working with and around film. It would also give me the opportunity to meet people with similar interests, creating contacts and networking. However I am yet to hear back about this so will have to see!


I also am hoping to volunteer at Beacons festival, as I feel it would benefit me personally as well as professionally building my confidence and experience as part of a team.


No comments:

Post a Comment