Monday 22 April 2013

Initial Crit - Feedback

Today we had an Initial Crit with members of our course who were planning to work in the same area for this module. In my case this was in Film and Effects:

I explained to the group my initial idea and how I intended to go about achieving the end result. I wanted to create a 'short film' that hung on a strong or 'believable' narrative. Originally I had intended to focus on the more After Effects side of things due to the possibility of using one of my course mates to act, but since I have the opportunity to work with someone studying drama I am looking into the more dialogue lead area of a film. Inspired by gothic literature, such as Jekyll and Hyde and Frankenstein, it'd have a slightly sinister tone. The basic format of the film would be through 'video diaries' of a subject of experimentation - who gradually is starting to have effects, possibly electricity induced. These would be  created possibly through prosthetic/latex and/or using After Effects.

The feedback I got after my presentation was quite positive, with the group offering help during the shoot which will be very useful, especially when it comes to using cameras etc. as I need more experience/know how in this area. When speaking to Luca and realising his project was slightly similar it became apparent that we'd probably need to do some tracking tests and experiments in After Effects. Also Chris mentioned he knew a make-up/Prosthetic artist who could possibly help too. I was also given suggestions of good reference material and where I could film (We were considering, since the camera would be locked off and the subject was meant to be in a room, to use the studio and dress it up a little  - though the concept of using a green screen was also brought up, however I would quite like a 'real' set if I could achieve it, time permitting.)

Overall I found this Crit very useful and it allowed us to become aware of each others projects, whether we could help them and who could be helpful to our own work.

No comments:

Post a Comment