Wednesday 17 April 2013

Responsive Brief Module - Initial Ideas

The brief for this module is pretty open, allowing us a bit more freedom to investigate our interests. I want to use this time to experiment with and learn a little more about Film and After Effects whilst also hopefully creating a finalised good-quality peace of footage. Because of this I am going to focus on a single 'scene' which I can hopefully get to a good standard. 

At the moment the idea I have is a scene involving one character, who in some way will be modified both by costume/make-up and After Effects. I will have to develop a backstory to warrant the distortion of the Character, whether it be something Robotic or something more natural. I am also aware that my environment will have to compliment this backstory in order for the piece to be visually effective.

Below is an Initial Moodboard of imagery, colours and concepts I am beginning to consider:


An idea that has surfaced is of the Character being diseased, which would explain the distorting features. As I want it to be set in the 'close future' I think there should be some form of 'electrical' element, even if this is just a flash under the skin. Visually I like the idea of skin being translucent, or fluctuating in opacity as well as the face being created/transformed by layers (Revealing under the skin etc).

I will have to research possibilities in how this sort of thing would be done, as well as develop my concept further.

No comments:

Post a Comment