Tuesday 13 May 2014

Cereal Box Final Shots

 Following the tests and developments for the hologram, I added Ryan's performance to the cereal box shots. This included having to mask out elements of the shot, such as the boot smashing down, and any rocks and plants in the foreground.


In each shot the cereal box is crushed underfoot, so I had to animated the hologram composition to shrink and move as it the box distorted. This was helped through adding more static and glitches in the composition, to give the appearance of the hologram breaking and avoiding having to 'fold it'.


Overall I think they work well, not seeming too over the top (which is something I worry about with VFX). I think, due to the colours, the blue version works better. This is not only because blue is a little more futuristic, but in the box design, I'd lightened the center, which gives the implication of light. I attempted to mimic this in the red cereal footage in After Effects, but it didn't appear natural.

No comments:

Post a Comment