Thursday 7 February 2013

Colouring the Mask and Facepainting!


 I initially coloured the mask whilst referencing my concept art and comparing colours to the face paint blended on my arm. However once I tested the face paint on my face I realised the original colours were far too muddy and wouldn't stand out as 'alien' leading to me brightening the overall colour scheme of the mask to a stronger bolder image.


By having stripes in my design and in the 'texture' of the mask it wasn't too important for the face paint to be applied smoothly, and allowed me the freedom to use brushes to add base colours as well as detail.



The test run on Siobhan's face took roughly 20-30 minutes as we were both getting used to the face paint being applied. This time dropped on the actual day of shooting. By testing the face paint and the mask I could alter the colours to make sure they complimented each other. After this final test I added more yellow to the mask and gave it a slightly stripier texture, as well as adding covers to hide the ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment