Wednesday 20 February 2013

The 'Spaceship' - Designs and Building


 When refining my designs I tried to give the Ship a bit more form by roughly echoing the silhouette of the face of my alien.

Modelling
Creating the 'Inside Lave type glow'
Texturing


Though meant to be grey and brown etc. the colours for the ship are at risk of looking washed out or incredibly flat when rendered and put with my footage. I am still experimenting with Lighting and Rendering in order to achieve an interesting look to the ship whilst also 'fitting it in' with the scene.

Blend shapes 
I plan for the ship to have a jerky, blocky movement (that mimics it's design) so have created a few blend shapes to help this. When the ship moves I will be able to shift some of the blocky mesh to (hopefully) give the ship a slightly organic presence - instead of just floating into frame.


No comments:

Post a Comment