Tuesday 4 October 2011

The (almost) 25 expression challenge

On Deviant Art I've seen a few '25 expression Challenge' sheets done - they seem to encapsulate a characters range of emotions/ facial expressions. A couple of examples are:
http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=25%20expressions&order=9&offset=192#/d1zron3 and http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=25+expressions#/d3dhowd


I thought it would be a good excerise to build up my concept of the character, her facial expressions and perhaps the way she carries herself. For example, due to her having insane tendencies, her 'Happy' face is a little intense. Whilst doing this I realised I wanted Dolly (that's her name) to use her hands a lot, despite them being caked in oil, to illustrate that the dirt doesn't phase her - as well as showing her to be a bit more 'physical' and perhaps - i suppose - 'primitive'.




[Attempt at listing from Left to Right] Serious, Content, Confused, Curious, Excited, Confident, Sad, Distraught, Happy, Shocked, Bored, Sulky, Exhausted, Upset, Tired, Relief, Fear, Anger, Rage, Crazy, Anxious, Worried. (I didn't manage to fit 25 on)

No comments:

Post a Comment