Saturday 29 October 2011

Storyboard Artist - Cesar Lemus

Cesar Lemus created the storyboard's for the TV series 'Heroes'.

They interest me because of the illustrative quality (It has the feel of a comic book) - movement is captured through quick dashed lines (such as in the second panel) - the detail allows the idea, concept and camera movements to be visualised a lore more clearly, and in a way helps to promote confidence in whether or not a shot will look good. (Such as the last panel shown here. It not only maps out the key moments of the scene but also takes more technical aspects into account, such as the arrows 'directing' camera (and/or) actor movement, as well as the Frames Per Second being considered. 


 Though my 'animations' only last a couple of seconds, (therefore not being able to incorporate too many camera changes) I think my story board should contain this illustrative quality, as it works well. I think for future projects I should attempt to create story boards, as clear and directive as this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment