Saturday 8 October 2011

Dave McKean


Regarding the crazy expression on my character's face, it was recommended that I have a look at Dave McKean's 'Joker' Illustration. This illustrates an intense insanity to it's highest level - from the whites of the eyes shining out of the blackness (or web or red) to the slightly 'dirty' way its been coloured - giving a disheveled feel. This is a lot different to the smoother way 'anako' (previous artist research) colours, and seems more manic.




 What also caught my attention with this artist is the fact he is also a film maker - and designed and directed the film 'Mirrormask' - a film I have been interested in seeing (but have yet to) for a long time. It looks quite surreal and steam-punky and seems to incorporate a lot of animation so should be of interest. Hopefully I'll see it at some point soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment