Thursday 20 October 2011

Rabbiteyes - KeunJu Kim

This artist is fantastic: I originally found him on :http://rabbiteyes.cghub.com/
and found beautiful concept art for not only characters but also setting. In a range from sketches to really well rendered images, most of them show characters interacting with their environment (something I'm considering doing to further illustrate the connection between them, as well as inadvertently illustrating the scale)
I really recommend checking out the gallery, as well as his DeviantArt account, http://rabbiteyes.deviantart.com/ as there are just so many brilliant pictures -and varying effects (colour stylings etc) that it's hard to show the extent of work - and alternate imagery (for example there are monsters and robot type characters as well as the more elfish) here:
Therefore I thought I'd select a couple of images that relate to my own work :


narsha girl by ~rabbiteyes on deviantART

I really like this above image as it is able to create quite a well toned image - yet keep illustrative qualities such as the large eyes and stranded hair.


a night view of city by ~rabbiteyes on deviantART

This image is quite devoid of colour which adds to the overall effect and environment, it looks cluttered and dirty and is a similar type of effect i wanted to achieve with my design - especially with aspects such as glowing lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment