Thursday 13 October 2011

'Seedseven' - Prince of Persia Picture

http://fuckyeahconceptart.tumblr.com/post/2641688263  I can't seem to put this picture up here - and the link to the artist doesn't lead to any more work so I'm afraid clicking this link will have to do. 
I really like this picture, and the style that it has been drawn in. It's rough 'brush' marks help the sense of action (such as in the arms) and the colours - a range of golds/reds (a little bit of blue) help create atmosphere - there's barely (if any) black used - which is quite impressive and is something I need to try at some point (as I usually always end up with black outlines, etc, in my work - giving it a slight cartoony look. ) 
The lighting here (especially on the woman) is interesting as the use of highlights brings attention to the import an areas. Eg Face and armour. 
Also, by fading away parts, such as the legs and cape, the eye is more likely to be drawn to the torso. As concept art it not only introduces characters but also creates an exciting atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment