Friday 27 January 2012

Character Movement (and Hedgehogs)

At the beginning of my animation I'm wanting the Little cat-thing to be at ease and happy as it walks along, so have been looking at the way the characters in this Road safety animation move, bouncing slightly to music. The movements are quite large and deliberate so I should consider this, as well as the rocking of the body from side to side. The steps are quite deliberate and large in this animation, so perhaps i should exaggerate the movements of my own characters feet.


I attempted to create this sort of movement, but at the moment it seems a little lifeless - I am yet to animate the tail, so the top half is quite static. I can't help feeling the eyes are really empty - so am considering perhaps adding eyelids, or pupils perhaps...


I also think the movement should be a little more bouncy and lively, as then it will contrast when the character is scared etc... (this would be done by adding more bounce to the rocking motion)


No comments:

Post a Comment