Wednesday 18 January 2012

Floaty Feet

When modelling my toy I've been thinking about how it will move, especially when creating the feet. The feet became separate from the body and reminded me of this animation:
A Studio Hari production created by Alexandre So

This animation is a series of many for children's television, it's effective as it uses simple shapes but illustrates the story clearly. It has caused me to think that instead of attaching the feet I could possibly let the body float above them, this would allow more movement and could look better. The body of the Owl is still in a way attached to the feet, as if by an invisible force, and so things such as force and strain can be shown through the resistance - the body doesn't just float away. I quite like this, as it could allow movement such as bounce etc to be involved in the characters motion. I will have to experiment with the movement and see what I can achieve - below is a smooth-view of my model so far.



No comments:

Post a Comment