Sunday 29 January 2012

Eyelids and Ears.

Since I'm planning on having a white background it's important for my animation to stand out and be interesting enough to justify the lack of background. I've been concerned that the characters are going to lack expression, so decided to adjust the eyes (since they seemed quite blank and motionless in my practice animations), and give them eyelids.
 I realised I would have to animate/view the eyes in smooth view (as I am intending to smooth my models later. As if I work from the un-smoothed model, then smooth, the eyes stick out too far and look strange. I have used Sphere's to create the new eyeballs and eyelids. They seem to work well, the use of eyelids allows me to (to some extent) to direct the eye-line of the character therefore making it more expressionate.


Hopefully by creating movement with the eyes and ears the top half of the body doesn't seem too static, giving a bit more life into the animation...
Using the graph editor has helped me to adjust the speed of the blink, to easily work out the best effect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment