Monday 23 January 2012

Giving the Cat-thing swaggerrr

So I've been experimenting in Maya with my character model to work out how it will move. By making sure the main body is not stationary and tilts side-to-side when shuffling forward the movement seems a little bit more natural.


 I have tried to move the tail too as this would be effected as it walks - (use the 'bend' deformer) but due to the shape of the tail it seems slightly odd. I may have to think about remodelling the tail in order to allow a smoother follow through. I may also see if I can lift the feet, to seem more like steps than sliding, but will have to see how that corresponds to the main part of the body and how it will make the character look overall.


You can see the difference without the tail moving - it doesn't seem like a tail and makes things look too stiff:



No comments:

Post a Comment