Saturday 28 January 2012

Simon's Cat

Simon's Cat animations are hand animated in the traditional manner (hand drawn and frame by frame) but using Adobe Flash and a Wacom Tablet (with a frame rate ranging from 12 to 35 frames per second). 


They're quite simplistic in style but this is what gives it it's charm, it's not too complex and the eye is drawn to the 'action'. I am a little worried my plan to just have a white background for my animation is a bit too simple, but looking at this I see that it could be quite effective - I just have to make sure my animation is up to a standard that deserves to have a blank canvas to be shown on. 


The sound in these animations are also simple, complimenting the animation, and therefore effective. The fact that there isn't any background music highlights the sound that is there and the movements that go with it. The 'meows' too are expressionate, something I should consider when adding sound to my animation, as it will add the changes in emotion etc.



Sound

No comments:

Post a Comment