Tuesday 21 May 2013

Eye and Cheek Effect - Final Shot (No sound)

Tracking the eyes and face seemed to be a lot easier than the arm, since I could pinpoint natural points on the body (such as the corner of the eyes etc.)


There is still a slight floaty aspect, but I found by adding blur the added texture blended with the original footage more. It was pointed out to me that the colours were too strong in contrast to the over all tone of the footage, so in further development I changed this. Adding shadows and a slight highlight hopefully added a little bit of detail to help sell the effect.



The cheek effect didn't need too much tracking as it only appears briefly, however it needed to merge better with the cheek, and perhaps signify it's there earlier. I'm hoping adding some crackling, electronic sound to it will help sell this effect. By lightening the eyes they set into the face better however I'm not too sold on their yellow colour and may alter them to match the cheek effect more.



By adjusting and animating the CC Glass effect I managed, a little by accident, to make the cheek effect  seem to stretch and merge when pushed. This was further enhanced by a matte choker which once animated caused a flash seemingly from under the skin. Adding a flash to the eyes too seems to strengthen the idea of the side effect being electrical. Overall I'm quite happy with the way this effect has turned out, especially since it was the main one I'd initially thought of. The implant in the arm was the result of an experimentation and I think in that case I may have bit off more than I could chew in the time given and with my skill, I think this effect works better as it is quick and moving itself, so doesn't necessarily need a perfect track or colouring. 


No comments:

Post a Comment