Friday 3 May 2013

Test #02 and Test #03 - Golden Eyes and more facial glitching

So I tried out another tutorial from videocopilot, this time to see how I could adjust the eye.
        Tutorial Here: http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/eye_replacement/

I decided to alter the tint a little to keep with the tone of my project, however I don't know whether this washes out some of the extra details (such as shadowing and highlights) that were put in for realism (Next time I'd maybe add a little more detail, a redness in the eye etc). I'd also have to look into creating a glow around the eye, as if it were shining - though I'm undecided as to whether I want that effect or would rather have glowing suggestions under the skin.






I attempted to incorporate this into a sequence whilst also practicing the 'glitch' effect I'd previously worked on in the first test. I'm not really happy with it as both aspects (eye and cheek) are obviously fading in and out. These are things I could tackle in the script (I could get my actor to scrunch her eyes before they change) and by further testing/designing. However Test #03 did allow me to experiment with subtlety when adding the effect to the skin and created that 'light cast from underwater' effect I'm trying to achieve. I want the glitches to seem, in some way, natural, rather than just plastered onto her face.


No comments:

Post a Comment