Tuesday 21 May 2013

Shutdown - Cyber style effects and narrative

At some point when working on this project I was reminded of this video Tom had shown us last year, which is similar to the tone I wanted to create in my own video.

Shutdown from Kendy on Vimeo.

The effects in this video are very clean and amplifies the cyber elements of it, along with the voice over.  The narrative is a little similar in structure, as both characters begin to regret their decision to 'upgrade'. The flashing style of edit and added text in this piece is incredibly effective and is a possible angle I could add to my own piece, as I am still considering who has edited the piece. Currently the edit still takes the form of a straight video diary but I am considering adding text at the beginning as if it were experimental documentation and evidence gathered afterwards. However this could be distracting from the over all performance of my actor and due to time limits if I can't make it look nice or believable, may be best to leave out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment