Tuesday 7 May 2013

Test #04 and #05 - 'Implant'



A test with After Effects to see how tracking marks would work on my arm. Story wise I've decided that this is what will be effecting the 'Test Subject', she'll have had an implant in her arm an be documenting any changes it brings (at first it'll be 'upgrading her', she'll have more energy etc then it'll start causing the glitches).

There are some obvious problems with this test, the tracking was a little difficult (though I learnt that you can add more than two points from the menu) and still shakes despite me manually editing it. However this may be because I was using red round tracking marks. I've been told that square or marks that illustrate a high contrast would be more effective so plan to try that out in another test.

The texture was mocked up quickly so if I were to use this effect I'd make it a little bit more interesting and subtle. Half the time in the film the actor's arm would be covered by a bandage or a sleeve so I wouldn't have to worry about it needing to be tracked all the time, I'd keep it to one 'shot' (or scene since the camera is to be constantly static).

There is a possibility I create this effect by hand, or at least add a little bit of 'redness' and inflammation to the skin with make-up/face paint, which would hopefully sell the added digital effect to the audience.


Again the tracking in this test (#05) is really shaky, but I attempted to change the texture, this then resulted in me making the implant indented rather than protruding. This looks slightly more brutal and helps the problem of trying to add something to the footage without involving the background. I'm not too sure which I'll go for at the moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment