Wednesday 22 May 2013

Working on a showreel...

At the moment I'm a little concerned as to what my showreel should have in it and how I want to convey myself to others. Labelling myself as 'storyteller' or 'generalist' feels a little vague, yet I don't feel learned or knowledgable in any specific area to focus solely on that and advertise that I can do it. I also don't yet feel I have a wide enough range of footage to create a 'proper' show real, as I would only consider using work from my VFX module and previous module which would not really illustrate a diversity in skill. However despite all this I've begun creating VFX breakdowns of my work which could be used in a showreel.


These illustrate the process behind my work whilst simultaneously filling more time. Over summer I intend to create some more footage and perhaps use After Effects some more, so hopefully will gather enough to create a passable showreel to show in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment