Monday 27 February 2012

Lothlorien - Lord of the Rings

I am aware that at the moment I'm mainly focusing on the environment of the 'UFO crash site' instead of the UFO itself, but since my concept is of the UFO being old and abandoned, the environment (the tree's etc) taking over becomes key to the overall feel I am wanting to create.

I've recently re-watched The Lord of the Ring's trilogy and have been re-introduced to some of the beautifully crafted sets and designs in the films. One of note that seems relevant to my concept is the set of Lothlorien. It's got an other worldly, ancient feel to it, slightly 'magical' in the way it is lit, with a  glowing aura. This is highlighted by the blue/green colours without seeming too cold.

There's a calmness yet extravagance in the design, which is just beautiful. I'm really warming to the idea of the 'set' I build being ancient, despite being a UFO, perhaps less decrepit than I originally planned.



No comments:

Post a Comment