Friday 3 February 2012

Shaking, Tails and Hindsight.

The Little cat thing is meant to be scared, so to make it shake I keyframe every frame and shift it's body ever so slightly, to add to the 'fear' it's meant to present I wanted the tail to curl round it's body, I imagined something like THIS (-Picture from a previous blog). Thinking it'd be simple to make happen with a few deformers...
Unfortunately this wasn't the case...(I spent forever trying to make this work!!)
I've realised now I probably should have modelled the tail as a simple long shape, and then created it's bent shape with deformers, making it a lot more agreeable when it came to animating. However I didn't, and time restraints prevent me from recreating the tail (as I've already animated it wagging etc.)

Instead I've reached a compromise, making the tail drop and curl up.
 The animation again is a little slow when it comes to the tail - but I'll edit this later (and the shaking should continue):


No comments:

Post a Comment