Sunday 26 February 2012

Work by Levi Hopkins


Levi Hopkins works as a concept artist for the game industry. His work is incredibly impressive and beautiful incorporating great imagery and colours.


His work can be found here:
http://levihopkinsart.blogspot.com/
His style is really nice, and images rendered to a high quality, there's a luminosity in them that I really admire, and is the sort of effect I want to capture in my designs for this module. In general too the images appear 'full' and illustrate depth and scale, which is something I want to achieve in my concept art.

I especially like this image, the shape and textures are quite 'organic' in a way, with the curving and slightly shambolic structure. There's a level of detail too that completes the image, this kind of detail, if I were to have it in my 'scene' would be added through the texturing of my objects. A few other images of key interest are herehere and here (the cogs overgrown with moss etc, particularly are relevant to my work so far, they give a sort of other worldly yet 'old' feel) colours. This is a little different and has a more organic, and slightly more colourful look, it's lovely though and has a sort of 'alien' feel to it which again is an effect I'd like to achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment