Friday 3 February 2012

Oh Graph-Editor :)

Timing's really important in films/animations to capture and keep attention and I've just not been happy with mine in my animation so far:
The walking sometimes jerked and tail swayed out of time a little, some things just took a little too long to happen - for example the 'jumping-in-shock' motion is too slow removing any of the 'shock' factor I wanted as there is no urgency - it looks like its happening underwater.

Therefore I began tinkering with the Graph Editor, cleaning up any unnecessary key frames (this helped make smoother movement) and altering the timings of movement.


The below video is some of the animation after being altered with the graph editor, some of the changes aren't as noticeable as the others, but the walk has become a little smoother and faster. The jump is a lot quicker - perhaps too quick? I'm not quite sure.... Either way it is an improvement on before, I've realised just how useful the graph editor can be!



No comments:

Post a Comment